Friday 15 May 2015

What was it really like to be working at StarHub


Prior to leaving my role as Community Manager [Marketing - Social CRM], StarHub Community did a short interview with me on how was it really like to be working at StarHub.

What were the different things that you have been doing in StarHub?
I started off my career as a temporary staff in 2010 under Customer Service - Customer Affairs. 5 months in and the opportunity came knocking at my door to take on a social media role as a permanent staff. I immediately jumped at it.

While managing customers' enquiries that came from social media, I was also part of the Customer Affairs Cable Team and subsequently I moved over to the Customer Affairs Technical Team. In 2013, I set up the Customer Affairs Social Media Team and was involved in recruitment, training and day-to-day running of the team.

In 2014, I transferred over to Marketing - Social CRM to take on the role of Community Manager where I does community management, content generation, content marketing, gamification, advocacy programme, contests, campaigns and more. I am also part of the Crisis Management Team since my days in Customer Service.

What were some of the things that others say you did well in StarHub?
People say I am proactive and have a positive attitude towards work. I am always there for the company when they need me.

One of my supervisors used to say that I spoil market as I am one of the rare few who can handle all type of customers' issues ranging from general enquires and billing to technical issues, as well as customers' enquires on all StarHub consumer services.

What were the high points of your career in StarHub?
I won the Best Customer Service Professional Award of the Year, awarded by Contact Center Association of Singapore, back in 2013 and I won the Best Customer Affairs Consultant Award for Year 2013. After transferring to Social CRM, I won the Best Use of Social Award together with the team.

Another high point is the setting up of the Customer Affairs Social Media Team. where I started off from scratch. I have to do up the duty roster, recruit and interview candidates, provide training to the team on both customer service and social media  as well as manage the team daily operations.

What was about the StarHub culture that you like?
Over at StarHub, people are friendly and we are somehow like a big family. There is no barrier between junior staff and senior management. The bosses are very approachable and open to ideas and suggestions.

What are some of the staff benefits that you like?
Mobile service, broadband service and TV service. There are also passes to Zoo, Bird Park and River Safari.

Why did you join StarHub?
One month before I joined StarHub, I was an unhappy customer who complained via e-mail and social media. My army friend who was already working at StarHub spotted my e-mail and thus asked me if I want to join the company as a temporary staff before I commenced my university study. And POOF! I joined StarHub.

I believe I have some affinity with the company. Or is this karma?

What did you hate about StarHub?
I hate StarHub because I am too emotionally bonded to the brand and company. I can't imagine how I can manage to live without it.

Thinking about your early days in StarHub, was it easy for you to thrive in the company?
Yes. I have supporting bosses who are there to motivate me and give me opportunities to grow and nuture myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment